Vigeo Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative cancer therapies. Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, we are led by an experienced team with proven industrial R&D expertise and successful drug development records. Vigeo is privately held and funded by venture capital investors.
We are looking for a qualified Accountant to join Vigeo Therapeutics with a key role in managing accounts payable, procurement and financial reporting. The successful candidate will work closely with senior management and will have a key role in managing the finances of Vigeo Therapeutics.
For the right individual this is an opportunity to grow, have varied responsibilities and assist in developing the accounting systems and procedures for a growing organization. The individual will report to the Acting Controller and Senior Manager.
- Responsible for the Company’s procurement process
- Actively involved in the Company’s accounts payable and vendor payment process
- Act as primary contact for vendors
- Managing monthly payroll
- Ensure general ledger coding on all invoices is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in implementing, documenting, and maintaining accounting processes and procedures
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including but not limited to fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses and prepaids
- Assist in the preparation of year-end tax documents and quarterly tax filings
- Provide support to Controller on month end close, monthly schedules and special analysis for management as needed
- Administrative activities to support company operations
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years’ accounting experience
- 2+ years of purchasing or accounts payable experience
- Highly efficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Biotechnology or Life Science experience is preferred
- Substantial General Ledger experience, including accruals and prepaid expenses
- Experience with Online QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Experience and ability to issue checks, ACH and credit card payments
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policies and accepted accounting practices
- Highly motivated and interactive, with the ability to succeed in a fluid team environment to meet shifting timelines and achieve changing project goals
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication, multitasking, and working in a highly collaborative environment
- The individual must be willing to pass a background check
- Position has work flexibility but does require 3-4 days in the office
Vigeo provides a collaborative work atmosphere, with benefits that include group health and dental insurance, 401K, and paid time off.
Compensation at a level commensurate with education and experience.
Interested joining the Vigeo Therapeutics team?
Please send your cover letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org