Associate Scientist/Scientist I
Vigeo Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative cancer therapies. Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, we are led by an experienced team with proven industrial R&D expertise and successful drug development records. Vigeo is privately held and funded by venture capital investors.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist/Scientist I to join our translational research group characterizing novel cancer therapies. The Associate Scientist/Scientist I will be responsible for conducting preclinical in vitro and ex vivo studies. The Associate Scientist/Scientist I will also test clinical patient samples to further the understanding of the drug mechanism of action, identify biomarkers, and undertake other studies as needed.
In this role, the Associate Scientist/Scientist I should have a background in cellular or cancer biology; prior industry experience in drug discovery is a plus. The successful candidate will work closely with the research team and senior management and have an opportunity to play a significant role in cancer therapy development.
- BS/MS or PhD with a background in cellular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- BS/MS with at least 2 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience, with specific experience in cell culture, Western Blot analysis, ELISA analysis, qRT-PCR, in vivo experimental models, and general laboratory techniques
- Recent PhD (postdoctoral experience optional), with expertise in oncology and specific experience in cell culture, Western Blot analysis, ELISA analysis, qRT-PCR, in vivo experimental models, and general laboratory techniques
- Proficient in experimental design and execution, data analysis and interpretation, and data presentation
- Specific experience in cancer therapy, ideally in immune-checkpoint modulation. Knowledge of antibody and recombinant protein therapeutics is a plus
- Highly motivated and interactive, with the ability to succeed in a fluid team environment to meet shifting timelines and achieve changing project goals
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication, multitasking, and working in a highly collaborative cross-functional research environment
Vigeo provides a collegial work atmosphere, with benefits that include group health and dental insurance, 401K, and paid time off.
Compensation at a level commensurate with education and experience
Interested joining the Vigeo Therapeutics team?
Please send your cover letter with CV to email@example.com